Air fry fish of any kind: sea perch, pike, red snapper, bass, bluegills and all fresh water perch, pollock, catfish, trout, tilapia, drum, hake, tuna, shark, sole, salmon, and more.
I’m tired of a fishy smell kitchen and grease all over the stove and walls so bought myself an air fryer. Why weren’t these made years ago? I gave myself the Ninja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt with programmable base for air frying, at about $100 on Amazon.com. Now I can’t live without it!
I go fishing in the country for blue gills, bass, and bullhead catfish. I love the catfish with no scales needing to be skinned before cooking.
Here is my dad with a huge catfish caught in Glendo, Wyoming at the reservoir.
Back to cooking fish crispy and tender inside with an air fryer.
- Fresh or frozen fish as much as you want
- 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Clean fresh fish or use as is frozen
- Preheat your air fryer to 350-degrees F.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the fish. Dip the fish in the beaten eggs. Then put into a bowl holding the cornmeal and flour. Do it again until the fish are well covered with no skin showing. Do not have the batter thin or it will fall off; be sure it’s thick.
- Do not use cooking sprays such as Pam®; it will ruin your fish coating making it soggy. Brush the inside of the fryer and rack with a good cooking oil, such as canola.
- Cook for about 12-minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork turning over after cooking one side for about 6-minutes then cook the other side for about 6-minutes. Set the timer to remind you.
- A thicker fish is better than a thin fish. Depending on the thickness of the fish, adjust the time needed.
- This is good with French fries made in the fryer and with fried green tomatoes or fried okra using the same batter as for the fish in the air fryer. Asparagus can be lightly steamed in the air fryer
- Garnish with fresh lemon and/or lime wedges, tartar sauce, or the red cocktail sauce having horseradish and ketchup ingredients.
The fish will also make fabulous sandwiches and Baja fish tacos with cabbage and sauce.
Air Fryer Fried Fish demo video.