Everyone loves bacon! Breakfast, lunch, dinner—on sandwiches, with eggs. It’s a key ingredient at my house in green beans and German potato salad. Most of us hate to fry bacon in a skillet because of the splattered grease mess it makes.
Your favorite cheese, garden fresh tomato, red onions on a ciabatta roll makes a delicious summer or anytime sandwich.
Crispy air fryer bacon, juicy ripe tomatoes and crunchy lettuce all makes the BLT sandwich with smoky garlic mayonnaise the ultimate summer sandwich. The French fries can be made in your air fryer too.
With an air fryer, you’ll have no greasy mess to clean up and your bacon will be crispy-crisp in about 10-minutes.
I simply hate frying bacon in skillets and after using my air fryer, I’ll never fry it any other way again.
Then use a few tablespoons of the bacon drippings to fry your eggs in a cast-iron skillet. You’ll have a delicious bacon and egg breakfast to die for.
Take your air fryer camping out to use in your RV kitchen. I love my slow cooker, but air fryers cook up bacon the best.
If you put a little water in the bottom of the air fryer where grease collects, you will have no smoking.
The more bacon you cook, the more time you’ll need and the less you cook, a smaller amount of time is needed. So, adjust your time for the amount and never stack bacon slices on top of each other.
The first time you fry bacon, stay with it to see the results half-way through the frying process.
- Bacon as much as you want
- Cut a long strip of bacon in half to fit and place a single layer in the air fryer basket not stacked on top of each other.
- Set the air fryer for 350- to 400-degrees F. for 10- to 12-minutes.
- Check it at about 8-minutes to see for doneness. Adjust time accordingly.
- Turn the bacon over with long handled tongs, not a fork!
- Remove bacon when done and put on paper towels to absorb grease.
- Drain bacon grease from fryer between bacon frying batches.
If you have a rack for your air fryer, put bacon on the fryer bottom and rack as well. The rack bacon will take longer to cook however.
Air Fryer Bacon demo video.